Police have arrested a suspect in a hit-and-run crash where a Fort Myers cyclist was killed on Memorial Day.
About 8:30 a.m. on Memorial Day, Tony Bridley, 23, was riding along Nuna Avenue in Fort Myers when he was hit by a vehicle and killed. The vehicle fled the scene. Read more.
According to winknews.com, a suspect in the hit-and-run has been arrested on drug charges and is being investigated for potential involvement in the fatality.
Daniel Longoria was arrested on drug charges at a home on Nottingham Drive where officers executed a search warrant last week. Police on the scene told WINK News, the suspect’s car in the hit-and-run is connected to the house.
Bradley’s death was the 44th traffic fatality in Lee County this year. Many of those fatalities have been bicyclists. Here are some tips for bicyclists and motorists to make the roads safer:
- Avoid busy streets whenever possible.
- Make sure you have lights at night and wear light colored clothes. Use reflective material, signs and other material.
- Signal turns.
- Obey traffic laws.
- Don’t wear headphones when riding.
- Ride like you are invisible. Assume that people can’t see you and anticipate how drivers might react.
- Get more tips.
- Watch for cyclists and obey traffic laws.
- Be patient for cyclists. Avoid using your horn when not necessary.
- Give cyclists plenty of room on the roadway.
- Try to anticipate where cyclists are going.
- Get more tips.
At Bernardo Injury Law, we have dealt with many cases involving bicyclists. If we can help you, contact us at (239) 332-3000 or toll free at 888-428-8943, email us at email@example.com. You can learn more bicycle accidents on our website at injuryinfo.org.